CPS Supplements in Package Formats
Here we offer a collection of Current Population Survey Supplements for 1994+ in .dta, .csv
and .sas7bdat formats. Not every supplement was produced every year, and some supplements
were never released as public use files. However, we have tried to include every
available PUF here. Please write if you know of a source for a missing file.
The March ASEC file is available on another page.
- January - Displaced Worker, Tobacco Use
- February - Arts Benchmarking
- March (not available on this page)
- April - Child Support
- May - Contingent Worker
- June - Fertility, Ubanked/Underbanked
- July - Disability, Public Pariticipation in the Arts
- August - Immigration/Emmigration, Veterans
- September - Civic Engagement, Volunteering and Civic Life
- October - School Enrollment
- November - Computer and Internet Use, Unemployment Insurance
Nonfilers, Voting and Registration
- December - Food Security
Princeton University has posted
nice guide to which supplements are in which months
Census has an
introductory guide to the public use files.
All these files are created by a mechanical translation of
files downloaded from the
Census website. The .pdf of documentation is converted to ASCII
text by the command "pdftotext -layout" and a locally written SAS
program converts that to a Stata .dct file. Stat/Transfer creates the
other formats. Not all of the text is parsable, there are a few
untranslatable characters that are either deleted or treated as
exeptions. That code is here.
Suggestions and corrections are welcome.
last update 4 February 2021 by firstname.lastname@example.org